THREE LEVELS OF FARMS
Farms progression through 3 Levels as you Scale Up.
- Focuses most of their attention on production practices.
- Have all the skills to run a farm and they can do most of the daily work.
- Enjoys the freedom to work alone
- Like to make decisions on the fly
- Growth is capped due to workload
- Often the farm isn’t large enough or growing fast enough for another generation
- Most of the daily decisions run through them.
- Finding and keeping good employees is increasingly hard
- Have minimal office staff to help
- Enjoys working in the trenches beside employees
- Can feel overwhelmed trying to keep everything moving
- Scaling up is capped due to not enough quality labor.
- Finding time to work “on” the business is hard.
- Understands the numbers behind the farm operations
- Have a balance of business planning & production
- Are good at hiring only the right people for the team
- Strategic plans are important to stay on track.
- Communication is good and constantly refined
- Doesn’t micromanage and has capable managers
- Scale is hindered by access to capital
- Can lose track of the details as the business grows
Read more about each level below.
Want to be kept in the loop about our blogs and events?
Wondering how others scale up?
Our Peer Group might be just what you're looking for.